time to make the… cupcakes

by Patricia on January 20, 2011 · 8 comments

Even though Dan and I ran off to Hawaii and got married by ourselves, we do want to celebrate with friends and family. So this Saturday we’re doing just that.

Savory & Sweet is catering (mm, tri tip and polenta lasagna).

Coffee Zombie Collective is jamming.

And I… I am making the cupcakes.

Wait, did I just say I am making the cupcakes? Yep, I think I did. Uh oh… Not that I’m afraid of making cupcakes. That is, at least I wasn’t.

But it is Thursday night and I just realized that I need to mix, bake, and frost over 100 cupcakes by Saturday. And now, well… I’ll admit that if I were wearing boots I’d probably be shaking in them.

My mom is in town and though she did express her concerns for my sanity when I said I was voluntarily making all the cupcakes, she is willing to help. And I have a friend on high alert should I need someone to frost, stir, or talk me down from the ledge.

The plan is to make red velvet and “the ultimate” cupcakes to feed about 70 people.

Which if I go with 1.5 per person would come to 105 cupcakes. Or if I go with 2 per person, that’s 140 cupcakes. 140 cupcakes! !!! !

I’m freaking out, man.

I was just thinking… umm… maybe I should have started baking already. Eep.

[I'll have some pictures and cute cupcake related crafts to share after my nerves settle. In the meantime, please keep me in your thoughts as I may not survive tomorrow's cupcake explosion ;) ]

1 Joanna January 21, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I hope the cupcakes come out good! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and friends! :)

2 qudz104 January 21, 2011 at 8:12 pm

CONGRATSS on the wedding! wishing you both loads of happinesses!!

and good luck on the cupcakes, im sure theyll turn out wonderfully =)

3 Mary Jean January 21, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Send mom home with a few :) if there are extra!

Congratulations Aunt P. Sorry I won’t be there.

Love you.

MJ

4 Cadi January 22, 2011 at 10:08 am

Stay the course – you can do this! It will only be daunting until you jump in and get going. And take any help that’s offered, even if it means you’re teaching someone how to frost in your particular fabulous manner. Hope it’s a great party!!

5 Judy January 22, 2011 at 11:47 am

You have to let me know how what you made and how they turned out. I also volunteered to make the cupcakes at my Son’s going away party (He’s being deployed to Iraq for a year) So am interested in any tips you might have discovered
Judy

6 carolinaheartstrings February 1, 2011 at 10:34 am

Congrats on the wedding. I just came across your blog and love your site. We are two definite sugar addicts too!

7 Deena February 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I always believe that when you cook with inspiration nothing goes wrong… unless you don’t have the complete ingredients (lol).

{ 1 trackback }