I am excited to be taking part in Menu for Hope this year. Menu for Hope is an annual fundraiser that Pim Techamuanvivit of Chez Pim started in which bloggers from around the world donate food related items to be raffled off. All proceeds go to the UN World Food Programme (WFP). In addition to providing food, the WFP helps hungry people to become self-reliant so that they escape hunger for good. (More information about Menu for Hope can be found on Chez Pim).
How am I participating?
By donating one bid item to the raffle. I call it Brownie Essentials, but you can also think of it as a starter kit. The code for my bid item is UW26.
(UW26) Brownie Essentials – A few of the essentials for making the perfect brownie including:
- a box of Valrhona Dutch process cocoa powder
- a bar of Scharfenberger 70% cocoa bittersweet chocolate
- a Chicago Metallic Professional 9×9 square brownie pan
- The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz which has in it the single best brownie recipe I’ve tried (it’s also just a good book).
How can you participate?
By purchasing one or more raffle ticket between now and December 25, 2009. Each virtual raffle ticket is only $10 and can be put toward the bid item of your choice. The full (and impressive) list of bid items can be found here.
How to donate/buy raffle tickets:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
“number of tickets” x “item code”
For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW26 and 3 tickets for UW29, i.e.
2x UW26, 3xUW29
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
6. Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!