sgt. pepper

by Patricia on October 7, 2009 · 6 comments

Red Pepper

Wordless Wednesday
[I saw Wordless Wednesday on someone’s blog last week, can’t remember whose at the moment… no, these aren’t words. Sshhhh]

1 Brit Hammer October 9, 2009 at 5:57 am

It’s a nice shot. I think there must be a “slow photography” movement going on cuz A is experiencing the same thing when using either his iPhone camera or his monster DSLR. Gotta really take the time to compose the pic. That’s my thing, too, for that matter. :-)

Glad the cookbook idea is swimming around you like a warm, yummy pudding. Keep letting it…er…bake. Or rise. Or steep. Or whatever warm, yummy puddings do. :-p

2 Patricia October 8, 2009 at 9:35 am

@BethP – Thanks :) Loved your WW pic too, so cute.

@Brit – I did take it. I’m trying to get back to basics with my camera and actually take time when I take photos. I got pretty lazy there for a while about exposure and manual settings on the camera thinking I’d just doctor them in photoshop but it turns out you can only do so much in photoshop to fix a mediocre shot. I took better pictures when I shot film so I’m trying to slow down like I did then.
As for my cookbook… it’s in the back of my mind but I’m not sure if it’s time to push it forward yet.
“You want a piece of me?” – Not sure where it’s from originally but Adam Sandler says it to Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore… :)

3 Brit Hammer October 8, 2009 at 2:36 am

That’s a GREAT photo. I could write a book about what I see in it – color, composition, lighting, and the meaning of it all. Curious – did you take it? (Methinks “ja”). Btw when’s YOUR cookbook comin’ out, P? With the hrhnnnhh cobbler and all? Could be an ebook or physical book (she said, dangling the words). Would love the stories behind each recipe included (titled) “You wanna PIECE of me?!?” or some such thing. (Was that DeNiro who said that? What movie was it? I forget.) Anyway, I’m just sayin’… Love your writing and pix. It’s pretty clear food and “story” are your passions. <3

4 BethP October 7, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Amazing picture! Thats a beautiful looking pepper. Happy WW!

5 Patricia October 7, 2009 at 11:53 am

Hi Shannon,
Glad to meet another first timer :) That mushroom is cool looking. Thanks for sharing! Do you think you’ll participate in WW again next week?

6 Shannon October 7, 2009 at 11:35 am

Hi! It is a first time for me doing WW, too! I also had a food item. Here’s my link, if you want to go. http://wvclaylady.com/2009/10/07/wordless-wednesday/

I’ve seen WW around a lot, but never participated. When I saw that food, I knew I had to take a picture and post it today! It was serendipity, I guess. LOL

Take care,