Gone fishing

by Patricia on April 9, 2009 · 6 comments

chocolate croissant-ish

Hi there,

I’m still here.  Are you still there?  Feedburner gave me great news a couple of days ago… I had 99 subscribers.  Which for my new little blog is huge.  I mean, it was a short 3 months ago that I was celebrating 9 subscribers… and then 14!  I’m excited to have anyone reading my ramblings.  So Dan put a bottle of champagne in the fridge to chill because when the subscriber count hit 100, we were going to celebrate.  But then today Feedburner told me I had 55 subscribers.  Was it something I said?

Or maybe it’s because I haven’t said enough lately?  I’ve been on vacation the last week or so.  Not traveling, just taking some time off.  And I thought that meant I would be baking and photographing and writing and posting a lot more than normal.  I mean, that’s stuff I love to do.  But while taking the mental break from “real world” stuff, I found that my whole brain has switched off.  So I hope you will forgive me if I’ve been less attentive lately.  It’s not you.  It’s me.

I do have some pictures on my camera and a recipe I baked up that I would like to share with you.  And will share it very soon… just as soon as I find the “on” switch for my brain.  In the meantime, I have a little teaser for you.  And a couple of questions.

First, the teaser… This is my 95th post on this here bloggy blog.  And I was thinking that to celebrate my 100th post, I would give something away.  Yep, I like to celebrate things.  And this time I want to include you in the celebration.  It’s my very first giveaway.  I’m excited.  Are you excited?  All of the details of what I’m giving away and how to get it will be in that 100th post so stay tuned!

And now the questions… I post a lot of sweet treats and breakfasty things here, but I was wondering if you’d still like me if I were posting more dinner type things?  Or random bits about budget friendly meals? Sustainability? Wine reviews… or even non-food topics (the horror!)?   It’s not that I don’t love the sweets.  I do, I really really do.  But I have other things percolating around my head and was wondering what you thought?  I’m asking you because while this blog is a little bit about me, it’s really more about you and what you want to read.

Does anyone miss my weekly roundups?  I haven’t done one in a couple of weeks.  Not sure if anyone else noticed.

Don’t forget to watch for that 100th post!

1 Patricia April 12, 2009 at 1:53 am

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. Feedburner did seem to self-correct and the count is back up (yay! champagne!). I was in a little funk the other day and all of your comments cheered me up :)

2 Allison Day April 10, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Don’t worry about Feedburner, it can get temperamental at times. And it’s a liar. It likes to send people into panics by dropping half their readers, just for fun. ;)

As far as I’m concerned, no need to change a thing! It’s always a joy to visit your blog and see the great pictures of what you’ve been baking. :)

3 qudz104 April 10, 2009 at 2:23 pm

im still here too! i love your site! your recipes are so elegant looking and delicious, but they dont look like theyre sooo hard.. i like the desserts/ breakfasty items here. i turn to your blog for the hostess recipes, light lunch, tea and cookies lol, that sort of thing. maybe if you add some recipes for some nice soups and sandwiches (lunchish meals) that would be awesome too. and agreed with the above writer, cant wait for the savory side!!

4 Pek April 10, 2009 at 4:08 am

I’m still here! Only since two weeks ago though, so I don’t know about the weekly roundups. I love your desert ideas, although I’m not very good at it, I like recipes and the hope that sometime in the future I might get better!

I also like your idea of dinner things, just the other day I was asking a friend if they knew any nice ways to eat artichokes. I’ve never ever eaten one (they don’t grow them here in the tropics..!) but would like to try. So if you know any (nice ways to eat artichoke) please write about it.

can’t wait for the savory you!

5 Amanda April 10, 2009 at 1:50 am

Don’t panic about the subscribers, that happens with feedburner sometimes. It’ll most likely be back up to normal tomorrow or the next day. I’ve had it happen with mine before several times. :)

6 Katy April 10, 2009 at 1:07 am

I miss the weekly roundups– It was always interesting to see what you were up to in the kitchen.

I love your recipes. Keep them coming!